If our principal were had given us this speech instead of the very demotivating one he gave I think a lot of people would be less disheartened and worried about our up coming exams. I for one would feel more confident and eager for the exams if this were the speech he gave us…
This this this.
Summer is coming up ladies! Lets get toned! :)
Servings: 1 | Calories: Around 180
- 1/2 cup oats (50g)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- sweetener, such as 1 1/2 T maple syrup or 1 to 1 1/2 packs stevia (Omit if wanted!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (60g) (Or sub banana… it’s awesome this way!)
- 1/4 cup milk, creamer, juice, or water (I used 60g)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Handful of chocolate chips (and a few for the top, too!)
- Optional: unless you like the taste of fat-free baking, add 1-2T oil, vegan butter, or nut butter (If oil, scale the milk back a little. If vegan butter, scale the salt back a little.)
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (If you like cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies)
PROCEDURE:Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet.
Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boats, two 1/2-cup ramekins)
Cook for 20 minutes, or more until it’s firm.
Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3-5 more minutes (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust).
*Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out.*
Create a recipe with oats and without nuts and you have my heart.
Definitely trying this soon!!
i might have to make this as well! :D
Super Easy Skinny Vegan Blueberry Muffins (Only 180calories a muffin :O - tell starbucks to stick theirs!)
(yields 12 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup rice milk (or soy)
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a 12 inch muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, sugars, baking powder and salt with a whisk. Add milk 1/2 cup at a time and mix with a wooden spoon. Mix in lemon zest, vanilla and applesauce and stir until fully combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 22 – 25 minutes until fully baked. Let cool and enjoy!
(Note; I sometimes find this amount of sweetner to be overly sweet so i would miss out the 1/2 cup of white sugar if you like them a little more savoury! Also; taken from the click through link!)
might make these after exams (:
true that ;)
oh fez, you son of a bitch